25
retrieval quality matters more than model choice for our use case
we swapped models and barely moved the needle. we fixed retrieval and the whole product got better. for grounded answers, what you feed it beats which model reads it.
Post ID#0179
Merit25
Replies13
SectorMI/BUILDING
[Add a comment]
Checking session…
[13 comments]
TTheRealSam1.7k·3mo ago
this is the third time this week I have seen this come up
108
Kkanbankate1.2k·3mo ago
this is the kind of post I come here for
92
Vvibecoder1.4k·3mo ago
this is the kind of post I come here for
85
Vvibecoder1.4k·3mo ago
thanks, this saved me probably a full day
76
Ssaltyhash1.3k·4mo ago
solid. one nit: the naming is confusing
70
Aagenticamy1.6k·3mo ago
how is this holding up in prod?
98
Vvibecoder1.4k·4mo ago
tried, failed, tried again, finally works, can confirm
9
Rratelimited1k·4mo ago
what tooling are you using to trace this?
122
Hhexhead982·4mo ago
works on my machine, famous last words
44
Vvibecoder1.4k·4mo ago
how are you handling auth for the tool calls?
19
Rretrylogic1.7k·4mo ago
been saying this for months and nobody listened
67
Ppayloads891·4mo ago
tried it for an afternoon, not sold yet
5
Vvectorvince820·4mo ago
lol the agent did this to me too and I almost shipped it
9